1. General. By participating in the Chicago Bulls 50/50 Raffle ("Raffle"), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Chicago Bulls Charities ("CBC"), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. Jackpot. The "Jackpot" shall be total proceeds from raffle tickets ("Raffle Tickets") sold for the drawing associated with any particular National Basketball Association game played by the Chicago Bulls during the 2022-23 season and/or other events as determined by CBC (each a “Drawing”), less reasonable expenses incurred by CBC for the operation of the Raffle. In the event an insufficient amount is deducted to cover CBC's expenses, CBC shall absorb such expenses.
3. CBC Proceeds. Fifty percent (50%) of the net total of the Jackpot will benefit CBC, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and the programs CBC supports. These programs focus on community violence prevention through four focus areas – education, community investment, health and wellness and access to opportunities.
4. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons aged eighteen (18) and older and is subject to these Official Rules.
The following persons are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in the Raffle or to win any prize: Employees, officers, directors, partners, shareholders and members of Chicago Bulls Charities, Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, and United Center Joint Venture (each an "Ineligible Party"), and their Immediate Family Members (as defined below) and members of their same household (whether legally related or not). "Immediate family members" means a spouse, parent, legal guardian, grandparent, sibling, child and grandchild of an Ineligible Party.
5. Purchasing Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: While supplies last, Raffle tickets will be sold in packages as described below. There is no limit to the number of Raffle tickets an eligible individual may purchase.
Five (5) Raffle tickets for a total price of $10;
Forty (40) Raffle tickets for a total price of $20; and
One Hundred (100) Raffle Tickets for a total price of $40.
CBC reserve the right to offer special pricing promotions throughout the season. These special pricing offers may vary in the cost and in the number of tickets available in the ticket packages described above. Tickets purchased through pricing promotions will not differ in other respects and will not have different odds of winning although the purchase of additional tickets as a result of promotional offers may impact overall odds of winning as a result of the increase in tickets overall.
No complimentary tickets will be given. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase by eligible persons (see "ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER" above).
(A) In-Person. Raffle Tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the United Center ("Arena") at kiosks located throughout the arena as well as from an individual seller walking around the Arena.
(B) Online. Visit www.bulls.com/5050 (the "Website") and follow the directions to purchase and print a Raffle Ticket. Online Raffle Tickets for each Drawing commence at least three (3) hours before the scheduled game start time and will end at the end of the third (3) quarter of such game; provided, however, please check our Website as such times are subject to change for special games (e.g. Chicago Bulls Charities Night) and circumstances. Internet sales of Raffle Tickets are open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS. Entrants purchasing Raffle Tickets online must fully complete their purchase using the procedures specified. Any e-mail delays do not impact your chances of entering the Raffle.
(C) App. Download the Chicago Bulls App (the "App") and follow the directions to purchase a Raffle Ticket. Entrants purchasing Raffle Tickets via the App must fully complete their purchase using the procedures specified.
ALL METHODS OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Each entrant will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchased Raffle Ticket(s). Entries which are or appear to be tampered with are void. CBC shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by CBC.
6. Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
7. Prize. Each winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) the net total of the Jackpot. The prize will be publicly posted during each game's Raffle.
8. Taxes. Each winner shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each prize is claimed will be followed. A shared prize claim by multiple persons shall not reduce any applicable withholding on the total amount awarded.
9. Selection of Winner. During the 4th quarter, one (1) Raffle Ticket will be drawn by CBC to determine the winner of the prize. The number of the winning Raffle Ticket will be (i) announced during the Drawing date game in the Arena if available before completion of such game and fans are in attendance, (ii) listed on www.bulls.com/5050.
10. Prize Claim. Within thirty (30) days of the applicable drawing, the prize claimant must notify CBC by email (email@example.com) and present the winning Raffle Ticket and proof of identity to CBC to claim a prize. A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole winner. Each prize claimant must provide CBC with all information required to claim a prize (including tax identification information). The prize claimant will receive an Affidavit, Prize Claim, and Release ("Release") which must be executed and postmarked to CBC no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release. In the event a claimant: (a) does not notify CBC within thirty (30) days of the applicable drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed Release, the prize will be forfeited and will be retained by CBC for charitable use. CBC has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be sent to the winners via check within Forty-Five (45) days of CBC’s receipt of the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to CBC. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winners.
11. Odds. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the applicable drawing.
12. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle pursuant to these Official Rules; (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner.
13. Judges. The Raffle will be conducted and supervised by CBC, whose decisions are final. CBC reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. CBC and reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle.
14. Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release CBC, of Chicago Bulls Charities, Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership, and United Center Joint Venture, AscendFS Delaware, Inc. and their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize.
15. Publicity Release. Each winner, by accepting a prize, grants CBC and its designees and affiliates, including the Chicago Bulls, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner’s name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that CBC may require to be signed in connection with this release.
16. General Conditions. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions or e-mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; wireless service congestion; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, wireless towers or cellular tower equipment; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any National Basketball Association game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website or App. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Raffle, Website, or App, or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of CBC or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by CBC, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by CBC. CBC shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. CBC’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
CBC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle (or any portion thereof) for any reason including in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, CBC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a Winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, Raffle Tickets received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CBC WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, AND CBC RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. Winners List. A Winners List is available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked from May 1st, 2023 through May 31st, 2023 following completion of the regular basketball season for which a list is being requested, to: Chicago Bulls Charities, 1901 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60612.
18. Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Cook County, Illinois.